Announcing: at Bjorn’s Ceilidh (Saturday November 11), their Excellencies JP and Lylie will be selecting the next Bardic champion for the Barony of Concordia of the Snows.
The competition will be held in three rounds, with the following format:
- Round one: perform the piece with which you are most comfortable. Show us what you do best.
- Round two: perform a piece you have never before shared in competition. Stretch and surprise us.
- Round three: perform a piece that is documented as having origins in the medieval period. Documentation should at most be half a page or fill an index card. The piece can be wholly from period, a contrafact if a period work, or composed in a period form or style.
To compete, you must either be a resident of Concordia, or willing to give your fealty to the Barony on being chosen. Please inform the current baronial bard, Drake Oranwood, of your intention to compete either privately or at Ceilidh.
Competitors should only enter if they are prepared to serve as Baronial bard if selected by their Excellencies, and have no duties or obligations which would prevent them from serving appropriately.
The responsibilities include:
- Attend the majority of Concordian events and participate in any Baronial Court held at those events.
- Attend the Baron and Baroness at some out of Barony events, including Pennsic if possible.
- Wear the regalia of your position.
- Supervise (or delegate) the Bardic competition and War Point at the Wars of the Roses.
- Organize next year’s Baronial Champion competition to choose your successor.
Lord Drake Oranwood